Projected Home Décor Trends of 2019
Find out what’s on trend in home décor this year and get valuable tips on how to decorate your home to sell faster and for more.
Looking for fresh, interior décor inspiration? Check out Madison Taylor’s forecasted trends for 2019.
Madison Taylor, the firm, was founded in 2010 and since then has quickly become an emerging player in high-end residential and commercial architecture and interior design. Known for providing designs that are creative, memorable and seamlessly unexpected, Madison Taylor has a track record for surpassing expectations and achieving extraordinary results. With an in-house staff of interior designers, architectural technologists, an OAA architect and other subject matter experts, Madison Taylor can provide a full service, integrated design team with the personalized relationship of a boutique shop.
Madison Taylor, the firm’s principal, has created a corporate environment based on a combination of years of experience travelling and working in the hospitality design industry and growing up in a small town in rural Canada. Madison focuses on creating environments for individuals and organizations that exemplify their corporate culture, values, health and productivity and she is inspired by smart, simple, design excellence achieved through the use of shapes, materials and textures inspired by the natural environment.
In a time when schedules are busier than ever before, the popularity of minimalism in both psychology and interior décor is on the rise. According to local design expert Madison Taylor, 2019 décor trends will focus on improving both style and functionality in a home. Follow these tips to help transform the look and feel of your space and make daily routines easier.
Living room inspiration
- White Paint Tones – The paint tone in any space is the backdrop to your décor. Just as in an art gallery, Madison Taylor recommends draping the walls of your space in a shade of white. This will make your décor stand out rather than compete for the spotlight.
- Texture – If you are a fan of all things print, 2019 is a great year for you. Incorporating a mixture of styles, print or seasonal colour trends used on a smaller scale can bring life to your space while making it memorable to potential buyers.
- Extended countertop – Easy-care finishes such as porcelain and quartz are not only great options for your countertop but make an excellent backsplash as well. In the latter part of 2018, we saw a rise in popularity of using one finish for both the countertop and the backsplash, as seen in the image above. This is a trend we’re expecting to continue this year.
- Panel-ready appliances – Panel-ready appliances allow a custom cover to be installed on the front of the appliance that matches the rest of your cabinetry for an integrated look. Panel-ready appliances are an excellent option for a smaller kitchen. Choosing panel-ready appliances in a smaller space is a simple way to complement other finishes throughout the room.
- Stainless steel appliances – Stainless steel appliances are a more appropriate choice for a large space as they don’t take away from the remaining design elements throughout the room
- Matte finishes – Black is back. Sleek and elegant, matte finishes are a trendy way to make your kitchen stand out with potential buyers.
- Subway tile backsplash – Timeless and elegant, the subway tile backsplash is an affordable way to ensure your home remains on trend. Available in many sizes, these easy-to-clean tiles are perfect for your shower, kitchen backsplash or even a feature wall.
- Large tile flooring – If grout is not your thing but you like the appeal of tiled floor, go for a large piece. Installing a larger tile in your space will not only make a statement in any area of the home but, with less grout to clean, it will also make up-keep easier in the long run.
- Texture – Can’t seem to decide on just one finish? Why not incorporate two or three into the space you’re working on. Combining nicely with almost any colour or tone, the popularity of exposed brass, wood, and quartz is trending in 2019.
Advice for sellers
- Tip #1 – When remodelling your home, start with your countertops. As a statement piece of your home, updating your countertop is a wise first step on your home improvement roadmap. If you select a neutral countertop, it will be simple to match other pieces to it in the future.
- Tip #2 – 2019 is all about functionality. Focus on transforming your home to make your daily routines easier by finishing your space with organized drawers & cupboards as seen in the photo above.
- Tip #3 – Invest in remodelling the projects in your home that potential buyers may find daunting, such as the kitchen, bathroom, or flooring, is the best way to make your home more appealing to potential buyers. If they had to choose between your well-finished home and one that requires time, imagination, and money to upgrade, yours will look far more appealing.
- Tip #4 – Looking for a simple investment to make your home stand out on today’s market? The key to this strategy is to neutralize your home. In order to provide a welcoming, clean slate for potential buyers you can invest in modern lighting, paint with neutral tones (vanity, walls, staircase, baseboards, etc.), or refinish your kitchen and bathroom with a timeless subway tile backsplash
- Tip #5 – When home staging, add just enough décor to bring life to each room. Decluttering is a surefire way to help potential buyers envision their own personal décor throughout your home. Just the right amount of staging will help potential buyers imagine the possibilities each room in your home has to offer.